Home Page Forums Members’ Forum Training/Program Thread

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Sharon 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Jason Clark

Hi All.

Welcome once again to the LLL program. Super excited for you all.

Let’s use this thread for all training questions. I will respond as fast as I can but please allow up to 48hrs for a response.

Cheers Jason

msskandera
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m a beginner in training and love all the videos which show the movements. However I’m not keen to join a gym (yet). I do have personal gym equipment. Is there another exercise that I could do to replace the rowing machine with?
    Cheers,
    Martina

angie

Hi Martina!

It’s Ange 🙂 there’s absolutely no problem to switch out the rower – essentially we just want to get your HR up, so any movement than involves your big muscle group (e.g. legs) will be totally fine! The interval time is roughly ~30-40sec so you could skip or do squat jumps or even take a jog around up the street and back! Let us know how you go!!

Ange x

cass.l.marshall
    Participant

Hello, can you tell me if there is meant to be videos in the training app?

angie

Hi!

Yes there should be under each exercise! It will be a utube link out to view the exercise you should see it in the app under the program for that day, Jason had made sure he chose them for this reason – they just aren’t Leanne doing them so don’t expect to see her in that video – it will be someone else demonstrating the exercise and they are for each exercise separately not the whole workout.

x

inestakyi
    Participant

Hi!!
    The program looks great, can’t wait to see results…

I am starting day 1 of the workout program. Is the expectation to warm up with lighter weights and then work through each set with an increased load. Also I am little confused it says 2:30mins rest. Would I be resting in between each set for 2:30mins, only asking because it’s seems a a little long. Or am I completing the filler exercises during that time.

Jason Clark

Hi.

Yes, please do 2-3 warm up sets with a lighter weight and build up to the weight you would like for your 4 working sets. In regards to the timing of the exercise, start your squats every 2:30min. So by the time you finish your set of 10 reps (approx 30secs) you have 2 mins “recovery”…BUT do your fillers in that 2 min period.
    Remember, I have incorporated rest in the first block of strength each day. It’s designed in this way to replenish your CPT stores (anaerobic capacity) and nervous system. After these 4 working sets the rest time/recovery becomes less in the supplementary section and very minimal rest in the conditioner.

Hope this helps and let me know how you go.

Jason

chasitynheath
    Participant

Hey Jason,

I see you have us doing 8-10 reps in each set. I normally do 12-15. Are you wanting us to do heavier weights with the lower reps or just what is comfortable for us? Thanks!

Jason Clark

Hey there. Yep, if you’re use to doing 12-15 reps then slightly increase the weight by approx 10-15% so it’s still challenging at the 10 rep range. Next week is 11 reps then we work on lowering the reps in week 3.
    Hope this helps

cass.l.marshall
    Participant

Thanks, doesn’t appear on mine unfortunately!

Sharon
    Participant

Hi Jason

Will the exercise program still be available on the app after the 12 weeks is up?

Thanks
    Sharon D 🙂

Jason Clark

Hi Sharon.

You will still have access to the 12 weeks of the program and be able to view the previous workouts but new programming will be discontinued.

Hope that answers your question.

Sharon
    Participant

Thank you, Jason

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.