Home Page Forums Members’ Forum Questions :)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  angie 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

mokiruby
    Participant

Hi! I notice there is only 3 days worth of recipes for week 1, But some recipes are 2 serves so would the extra serving sizes be for the other days of the week? Also how many snacks can we eat in a day from the snack list? Is a morning coffee considered a snack??

angie

Hi!

You can totally eat as many of the recipes as you like to get you through to the week which will mean yes double ups, just choose what you like and yes make as many serves as you like to eat. Remembering you can choose your own adventure when it comes to dinner combos also which can also be taken for lunch too. You don’t have to just stick to the suggested recipes, you can make your own if you simply follow the dinner portion amounts stated. Please have 3 meals and 1-2 snacks per day and coffee is considered a snack if it contains a decent serve of milk (e.g. a latte is a snack option but a long black can be added on top of your plan – see the hydration / extra nutrition resources page).

mokiruby
    Participant

So regarding the dinners and lunch portions, would that mean that I can replace fish with any other source of protein and if I can replace should I be eating anything else to give my body the same nutrients that fish would? With the coffee, it’s those Nescafé skim cappuccino sachets, I add a dash of skim milk and no sugar but I’m assuming the powder contains something as it’s milky when made even without adding milk… are those types of coffees milky like a cafe latte?

angie

Yes definitely!! you can simply replace the fish with any protein exchange from the list we have created – this will ensure you are hitting your protein needs for the complete meal (the only micronutrient you won’t get is omega3 however you can get this from free range eggs (whole), chia, flaxseed seed and walnuts so if you incorporate these somewhere else you will be totally fine!

I have just calculated your nescafe skim cappuccino and you can definitely have it, but it does contain skim milk powder so together with your additional milk it will be very similar to a store bought skim latte as stated in the snack option so you can do a direct substitute and still enjoy this as part of a snack option 🙂

marisaa1024
    Participant

Hi Angie and Leanne!
    I’m very excited to kick start the first week of the program. I do have a question regarding the nutrition. I know from previous experience that different people, depending on your activity level, age, weight, height, etc. require different nutritional needs throughout the day. Angie addressed in the youtube video that depending on your activity level and where everyone is starting in their journey the carbs that you consume at dinner could vary. Does this translate in to other macro nutrients, and should this also be adjusted with other meals during the day? Or will results still be obtained regardless of adjusting for other macronutrients in breakfast and lunch? Thanks!

angie

Hi Marissaa1024!

I have just addressed this question in a previous thread regarding macros but I will also put it up on the member’s private FB group too, you should find it covers your questions 🙂

sfallon2000
    Participant

Hi Angie and Leanne
    I was wondering for the Chicken and Bean salad – can I substitute Black Rice for the beans? or do you need to have the beans in there?
    Thanks

angie

Hi!

You can check your exchange lists and sub anything from there – as long as you keep them in the same section – so if you sub beans for rice then you still need a protein option too (so definitely still include the chicken!) But if you want to use the beans as a protein and sub the chicken for that then you’ll need the rice as well to serve as a carb exchange 🙂

sfallon2000
    Participant

Thanks Ange – I was looking to swap it out as a carb – so keep the chicken as the protein and use the rice to replace the beans as the carb exchange. I think I have it sorted……I never know if beans are being used as protein or carbs or when to use them as a protein. Thanks for the clarification.
    Sarah 🙂

Leanne Ward
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah, just to clarify, generally if you eat animal protein then use the beans as your carb source as animal proteins provide much higher and better utilised sources of protein for your muscles. We would treat beans as a protein source when someone is vegetarian and doesn’t eat animal based products, in your case, treat the beans as a carb source so keep the chicken as the protein and sub the beans for another carb source using the exchange lists. Hope this helps, Leanne x

sfallon2000
    Participant

Thanks Ange that makes perfect sense. I was going to keep the chicken (yummy) and as I didnt have any beans used black rice instead. Totally yum. Helps to have the distinction in mind as well – so now I know when and where to sub or use beans for protein or carbs 🙂 Thanks so much – so many knowledge bombs 🙂

Letadawson805
    Participant

Can i make extras for dinner and use the left overs as lunch?

angie

Yes totally!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.