Home Page Forums Members’ Forum Intermittent Fasting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eganbb 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

eganbb
    Participant

Hi Ladies, I have watch the Video and am keen to give IF a go. I have fasted from 8pm to 10am this morning and I’ve survived. I have a question around training in the morning. If I train first thing in the morning (say 6am) should I still wait until 10am to eat (I will be starving and understand that I’m probably not giving my body the protein it needs for muscle development). Due to commitments, the earliest I could probably eat dinner is 7pm which means I could eat at 9am. Would that work?
    Many thanks, Belinda

Leanne Ward
    Keymaster

Hi Belinda,

If you train first thing in the morning then you have two options 1) no IF at all, train normally and have a meal within 1 hour of training or 2) your IF window needs to be ~14 hours before your training session, so you would need to finish eating at around 5pm if you train early (then your first meal would be around 7am after training). Once you train (weights or high intensity), you need food within an hour so don’t hold off till 10am.

Most women who can only train early in the morning likely won’t enjoy fasting and we recommend just trying IF on days you only do cardio or rest days (So most people should be able to do IF 2-3 times a week).

Your fasting window starts from when you finish eating/drinking that night (water isn’t included). So if you eat dinner at 7pm and finish by 7:30pm, you can fast until 9:30am-11:30am and have your first meal. That would be totally fine, your fasting window should be 14-16 hours (it doesn’t matter what the times look like as long as it’s 14-16 hours total).

Hope that helps, Leanne x

eganbb
    Participant

Thanks Leanne. That absolutely helps. I’ll just do IF on the days I don’t do exercise in the morning. All of the support & advice you lovely ladies give is amazing – thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.