This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Leanne Ward 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

taliaburgess
    Participant

Due to work and travel times I have to train early usually 5am. In regards to training nutrition could you please advise me on best option. Am I ok to train fasted and just have breakfast option afterwards, or is it crucial to have preworkout early. I usually train fasted because of early time of day, but I really want to go off your guidance of what is actually best. Thank you

Leanne Ward
    Keymaster

Hi Talia,
    Great question! If fat loss is your true goal, we recommend pre-training nutrition to get the maximum results out of your session – pre-training nutrition means you will be able to push harder in your session and lift stronger/run faster etc. If your training is just cardio or a light workout such as yoga – no pre-training nutrition is needed and you can do your exercise fasted but if you are doing a HIIT session (eg. f45 or 9 round) or a strength based session with weights or you’re trying to achieve a new PB such as a running goal – please have your pre-training nutrition and after your workout you can skip the post training snack as long as you have a meal (eg. breakfast) within an hour of working out. If you’re not a fan of the pre-training nutrition listed in the week 1 plan, you can also have 1 medjool date, 1/2 cup juice mixed with 1/2 cup water, 1-2 lolly snakes or 1-2 rice cakes spread with honey/maple syrup. I personally find at 5am, the easiest thing to get down is 1 medjool date + a few sips of coffee. Hope this helps, Leanne x

stepre95
    Participant

I am also an early trainer and was wondering if I could have the oats in the morning as overnight oats and remove the eggs? I am after an easy option as I can make breakfast in the morning?? Or could I make the oats the night before and then heat them up in the microwave???

Leanne Ward
    Keymaster

Hi lovely, I’m assuming you are eating the oats after your workout (not before as they are not a good pre-workout choice) so afterwards is fine. Make them into overnight oats if you like and exclude the egg whites and use 20g whey protein powder instead. x

stepre95
    Participant

Perfect thanks 🙂 is it ok to have the oats for breakfast each morning? I train then go straight to work in the morning so I don’t have time to cook breakfast

Leanne Ward
    Keymaster

Yes oats would be ok but we do encourage variety so on the weekends try another option if possible. We have quick and easy smoothie options too and as the weeks progress, you’ll see plenty more overnight and make before options to try. Variety is best for different nutrients but for ease, it’s ok to eat the same thing each day for a week or two but try to rotate options after 1-2 weeks or at least on the weekends. Leanne x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.