This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angie 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

taliaburgess
    Participant

I just wanted to get your thoughts on coffee. I drink my coffee black and can have about 3 per day at times. All I ever read is that it’s the milk in coffee that’s the problem, but my question is could the amount of caffeine consumption in general hinder progress even if there is no added milk etc? Do you recommend limiting caffeine or should I stop worrying about how much I drink?

Angie

Hi!

<3x/per day and keep the total daily caffeine intake to under 200mg [2-3mg/kgBW prior to training] is recommended and to have mostly outside of meals in order for any absorption to not be affected by the tannins contained in coffee/tea. Unfortunately there is a lot of variance in the amount of caffeine contained in coffee based on how its made, generally an espresso ~70mg and instant ~50mg per tsp. Tolerance is definitely individual but it is recommended to have outside of sleep times so keep to the morning or times of alertness needed (i.e. training). Milk content being a "problem" is due to the energy density, but we have accounted for this in your snacks so long blacks can be added on top of the plan (theres minimal energy contained in them so they won't hinder progress).

Ange x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.