This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leanne Ward 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

panterka
    Participant

Hi girls,

First, I’d like to know if there’s a way to replace almond milk in a green smoothie, so it contains similar nutrients? Or it will keep me satisfied longer.
    Second: When in snack options you listed 3 chocolate squares…does this mean I can have chocolate daily as a snack? or is that considered my soul food at this point?
    Third: If I couldn’t fit one snack today, is that going to throw my body off balance? Or should I eat it late? Meaning 9 pm. An hour before I usually go to sleep.

Leanne Ward
    Keymaster

Hi there,
    Thanks for your questions. If you don’t want to use the almond milk in the green smoothie, just use cold water instead, the almond milk won’t keep you satisfied any longer than cold water so the water is fine as long as you keep the other ingredients. The dark chocolate (>70%) is considered a snack option and not your soul food. If you wanted milk or another type of chocolate then we would count that as your snack option. We want you to rotate your snacks every day so we wouldn’t expect you to eat the athlete’s chocolate every day anyway. If you can’t eat the snack as you are simply too full, just skip it for the night (it’s most important to listen to your body) – it’s ok to do this for one night but aim to eat the main meals + snacks in the plan on most days if you can. Hope this helps, Leanne x

panterka
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Leanne. That makes sense! To rotate snacks.
    And I love that I can switch up lunch with dinner if I want.
    I just have one more question for when you have time. Is there a way to substitute an avocado in a salad? As much as I don’t mind it in a smoothie, I cannot stand it in a salad. Would nuts be a good choice to replace it? Or is there other choices?

And thank you to you and Angie for creating this plan. I am sure ready for this lifestyle change and going back to intuitive eating. I’ve been good at it for most of my life. I just lost my way for about 5 years. It’s time to do this for ME.

Monika

Leanne Ward
    Keymaster

Hi Monika,
    If you don’t like avocado (or any other type of food) just use the exchange lists to sub it out. So go to the fat exchange list (under the nutrition resources tab) and choose an exchange equivalent to the amount fo avocado in the recipe. Any of the fats in the list are acceptable options to sub – no one better than the other, our motto is to aim for as much variety as possible.
    So glad to have you on board and help you find your healthy lifestyle again! Love Leanne x

panterka
    Participant

Thank you so much 🙂

I’m also excited to finish reading your e- book!

Leanne Ward
    Keymaster

Amazing, let me know how you go! It will help SO much with cravings and learning how to eat only small amounts of soul foods so they are 100% satisfying! We cannot wait to see you transform over the next 12 weeks!Leanne x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.